Sami Wood Knife
The Sami people traditionally known in English as Lapps or Laplanders, are an indigenous people inhabiting the Arctic area of Sápmi, which today encompasses parts of far northern Norway, Sweden, Finland, the Kola Peninsula of Russia.
- Since pre-historic times they have been nomadic hunters and reindeer herdsmen. Their knowledge of survival and Bushcraft in northern Europe is second to none.
- This is a traditional Sami knife crafted by Wood Jewel of Finland using traditional materials. The hook shape of the scabbard is for easy extraction of the blade whilst working or hunting.
- The blade is carbon steel with a Scandinavian grind and is hardened to HRC 63 – 65 and tempered to HRC 59 to balance ductility and brittleness. The blade is 7.7 cms and has an internal tang secured within the handle.
- The sheath is curly birch and leather.
- You must be 18 years old or over to purchase this item. By clicking the ADD TO BASKET button you are confirming that you are 18 years of age or older.
- It is illegal to supply knives or axes to anyone under the age of 18. We actively check the details of all orders for these items. Please do not be offended if we ask you to confirm your eligibility. You may be asked to provide proof of age in the form of a photocopy of your passport or drivers licence.