In 1890 Joseph Opinel designed his first pocket knife in Savoie (French Alps); he created a tool that was as robust and functional as it was simple and beautiful. Today, that same pocket knife is an iconic design object:- instantly recognizable, imminently useful, and beloved by generations. Designed to stand the test of time, Opinel knives and tools are made with Opinel’s original dedication to craftsmanship and quality.
- Carbon steel is the steel historically used by Opinel, which has contributed to the brand's global fame. The carbon steel blade is marked out by its exceptional cutting quality and ease of sharpening. This carbon steel knife is ideal for DIY, gardening, sculpture, wickerwork etc. The blade requires specific oiling and maintenance to avoid the risk of corrosion.
- The knife has a twist lock function invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to both these knives. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport). These are some of the best value for money knives available today and make great countryside companions.
- We offer one size the Opinel No. 7
- The No. 7 has a 7cm blade in carbon steel and a beech wood handle
- You must be 18 years old or over to purchase this item. By clicking the ADD TO BASKET button you are confirming that you are 18 years of age or older.
- It is illegal to supply knives or axes to anyone under the age of 18. We actively check the details of all orders for these items. Please do not be offended if we ask you to confirm your eligibility. You may be asked to provide proof of age in the form of a photocopy of your passport or drivers licence.